Amazon Business allows business owners to access the retail’s vast network of providers for easy ordering and numerous appealing discounts. As part of Amazon Business Prime, you’ll receive additional deals and unique features to manage the cash flow and business expenses.
Anyone can earn millions on business purchases. Amazon Business is customized and tailored for your and your business requirements.
What is Amazon’s business?
Amazon Business offers its users a buying solution for their all-sized registered business. Every business can assign users who are enabled to enter and buy business supplies on Amazon on behalf of their employers. The main administrator can accept or remove authorized users as necessary and handle payment methods, delivery addresses, approval workflows, and reporting options according to the business demands.
Martin Rohde – the director of the commercial vertical at Amazon Business – claimed that we offered access to a wide range of products – everything from IT equipment to janitorial supplies – for businesses of any size and across industries.
Benefits of Amazon Business:
- Price savings and shipping choices-
Amazon Business provides price savings and shipping advantages for its business members. Those who have business accounts can buy through Amazon.com. Account owners get price reductions on multi-unit purchases, general price breaks on millions of business items, and the chance to compare prices from different sellers. You can also ask for bulk discounts from some sellers.
- Payment options-
You or another administrator of your Amazon Business account can choose individual or shared payments. The shared payment option includes credit cards, the Amazon corporate credit line, and debit cards. Any eligible business account user can choose to use the payment method to buy products for your business. Whereas all your authorized account users can use the card you add, to enhance security, they can see only the last four digits.
Thanks to the Amazon corporate credit line, your user and management choices are expanded. You can authorize different shoppers on a single account, download order history reports, & pay by purchase order. Its statements are easy to understand, and it requires no annual fees. Account administrators can manage individual and shared payment options and delivery addresses to make ordering convenient and easy for all shoppers in your company.
- Benefits for small businesses-
Many businesses can be exempt from tax under the Amazon Tax Exemption Program (ATEP). Amazon offers a tool to determine whether you are eligible for the program. The program then enables you to apply your tax-exempt status to qualified purchases from Amazon and its affiliates. There’s no need to have an Amazon Business Account to capitalize on this benefit.
Amazon Business also offers some transparency into the buying process of the support chain with the analytics dashboard.
On Amazon Business, small business sellers can generate sales by approaching millions of business consumers worldwide.
Drawbacks of Amazon Business:
- More fees decrease product margin: Amazon Business charges you 6 to 15 percent in costs, except for products typically not sold as business items. This does not cover fees for Fulfillment by Amazon.
- Product differentiation is more complex: You cannot differentiate yourself when selling on Amazon. In the same way, you can’t communicate with your target market and end customers and explain why they should purchase your product. On Amazon Business, shoppers can easily find and buy from the lowest-cost vendors.
- Shoppers become Amazon’s customers, not yours: Amazon limits sellers’ interactions with buyers. As a vendor, you can add packaging inserts and other marketing content. It will be harder for customers to know your brand as Amazon takes more control of the purchaser-seller relationship.
- Product Data and Technical Information: Inserting product data into Amazon Business can be complex. It becomes a very technical and tedious task that you may need to outsource to an IT organization. Every item category has its own rules. Setting up your product data will influence how well it sells and shows up on Amazon.
Despite a few drawbacks of Amazon Business, it is still worth it for you to open an Amazon Business account. You can buy the Business Prime plan after being accepted as an Amazon Business customer. Business Prime supports Amazon Business, allowing you to be more flexible on shipping and payment terms.
How to create an Amazon business account:
Before shopping or selling on Amazon Business, you must create an account, including adding details about your business.
Go to business.amazon.com, then click the Create a Free Account button. Next, you provide information such as your name and email address and create a password. Finally, you must add your full name, business name, email, phone number, and more. It takes less than ten minutes to open a free account.
You can manage your sign-up different users and account details, & classify people into separate groups. You can customize your payment methods & spending limit for every group/user.
Amazon Business also enables you to create on-approval workflows if you want to be informed of purchases/have a supervisor approve any purchases through the marketplace. In addition, there are also choices if you’re a non-profit or any other business with tax-exempt status on investments.
What are the Benefits of an Amazon business account?
- Personalized browsing and searching according to your type of business: Amazon utilizes AI to customize your shopping experience to seek products that fit your type of business.
- Amazon business card: Decide to get rewards or take more time to pay zero interest on US purchases as Amazon Business.
- Quick business Prime shipping: Free Same-Day, One-Day, and Two-Day Delivery on certain products for your business.
- Exclusive Business pricing: Choose prices and bulk discounts on eligible products for your business.
- Business-only discounts: Bulk discounts above what you usually see on Amazon.
- Exclusive items not offered on Amazon: Business-only products, which include hard-to-seek products such as traffic signs, industrial deep fryers, dent pullers, antibodies, and so many more.
- Single or multiple business accounts: Open a single or multi-user business account, add some users, and determine groups of users to share payment methods and delivery addresses.
- Purchase approval workflows: Build approval workflows to allow better spending controls.
- Purchasing analytics and report: This enables you to manage spending activity & total costs on purchases at the individual, buying group, or sort of spend level.
- Price comparison choices: The interface will provide different prices and brands for a specific product in one spot. This helps prevent wasting time searching for the best deal on a brand you like.
- Tax-exempt purchases: Place tax-exempt purchases and handle tax exemption permissions across an organization.
- Order tracking: Give purchase orders or reference numbers to purchases to support reporting & account reconciliation.
- Amazon corporate credit line: Make orders and finance purchases with a credit line.
- Amazon business customer support: Amazon customer service is attentive and dedicated to registered business buyers.
How do I access Amazon Business?
Visit the Amazon Business page. Then tap on the gold Create a Free Account button.
Next, you’re required to add your email. You will be asked to log in if you own a personal Amazon account.
Follow the prompts to finish your account sign-up, and now you can begin using Amazon Business.
Do I have to pay anything specific for an Amazon business account?
Amazon Business charges you no cost to sign up. But if you want to leverage Prime shipping, you’ll necessarily pay for a Business Prime account.
The most economical Business account is $179 per year, allowing three different users.
What’s the difference between Amazon Business and Amazon Business Prime?
Amazon Business account is applied to business users, while Amazon Business Prime is applied to individuals. That’s among the most enormous and significant and will influence small business holders.
Unlike an Amazon Business Prime account among all employees, an Amazon Business allows one to check if one is making an order and what each individual or group is purchasing on the budget, which helps business owners take control of their company’s purchases.
How much does Amazon’s business account cost?
It requires no cost to register for an Amazon Business account. Amazon Business charges no annual fee to shop on the platform unless you want to access Business Prime Shipping. If you want that, you’ll have to pay a fee according to the quantity of users. Here’s the pricing structure:
- Essentials: 179 dollars a year for up to three users
- Small: $499 a year for up to ten users
- Medium: $1,299 a year for up to one hundred users
- Enterprise: $10,099 a year for more than one hundred users
You can share your personal Amazon Prime memberships with your business account. However, you can’t use this for personal buying. Besides, you cannot use this to resell items you deliver directly to another consumer using Amazon Business Prime shipping.
Amazon Business provides some great benefits that businesses will love. It can help you save time and money and improve your buying workflow more effectively. With all the information above on Amazon Business Account, you can better understand it before making any decisions.
Read also: What Are Business Days?